Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lots of Weaving

We're finally getting rain and plenty of it. I'm grateful - we needed it badly. The pastures were dry and crunchy with not much grass left.

I've been busy with a lot of commission work lately. Two orders are for hand spun, hand woven blankets. One design is left up to me, the other is to be a re-creation of the Emmitt coverlet. The original is shown below.



I'm looking forward to this. The Emmitt coverlet is one of my favorite pieces. Working in overshot is great fun and the suri alpaca fiber gives the yarn gorgeous luster. I'll be spinning the yarn from Liberty Belle's fleece. She's a beauty with very fine, soft fiber. The warp will be dipped once into my indigo vat for a robin's egg blue while the weft and tabby will be natural white. Photos to come some time in the next couple of months.

No comments: